£18,073 Per Annum (Salary will rise after training)
Warehouse Operative Job Purpose:
The Warehouse Operative’s main role is to prepare orders from our client's warehouse to support both internal and external customers and to ensure that the stock in the warehouse is correctly stored, monitored and dispatched.
Warehouse Operative Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily picking and kitting of all components from stock before moving orders to shop floor or despatch in line with internal and external demand
- Accurately completing kitting, picking and stock related data to ensure orders are supported with completed paperwork and transactions within ERP system (i.e. material movements, miscellaneous transactions, stock adjustments, MOQs)
- Receiving of internal orders into stock or for either internal or external orders (i.e. machined parts from machine stock, finished assemblies from production)
- Maintaining correct inventory levels and updating stock variances in ERP system
- Conducting a daily perpetual stock take
- Carrying out a weekly check of shelf-life items, ensuring controls are followed
- Assisting team members from both the warehouse and the wider production areas when needed, with a focus on customer service
- Support periodical stock disposal processes and customer stock takes if required
- Storing of stock in a correct and safe manner. Comply with health & safety requirements and proactively ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself and colleagues within the stores/ warehouse department and wider production areas
- Highlighting risks and suggestions within your area of work to your Line Manager and the Health and Safety Team
- Documenting all occurrences of defective or damaged goods or materials on the Discrepant Materials Report (DMR) and removing from stock
- Work flexibly within the Stores department or wider site as needed. A commitment to complete cross training programme and progress within the Stores development structure is essential.
Warehouse Operative Core Requirements:
- Experience in a similar role (2 years)
- Excellent Customer Service skills that you can evidence
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Full, clean UK driving licence
What Our Client Offer You:
- Company Pension Scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Discounted RAC Coverage
- 195 hours Annual Leave plus Public Holidays
- A supportive and friendly working environment with a focus on wellbeing.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.