Technical Support Engineer
£32,000 Per Annum
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join their growing team! This is such an exciting and interesting opportunity for the right candidate.
Technical Support Engineer Role Responsibilities:
- Delivering exceptional customer service in providing technical support and assistance to customers
- Prioritising and managing a number of issues at any one time, taking ownership of those issues and seeing them through to resolution
- Troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues
- Working closely with the Group third line technical support team, building relationships to enable the timely resolution of any escalated issues
- Providing simple step by step instructions both verbal and written
- Supporting the field service team by providing technical support to engineers on site in a timely manner
- Assisting with the testing and implementation of third party solution integration
- Providing input into the design of technical solutions to address specific customer/business needs
- Assisting the Technical Manager in testing and verifying new technologies, providing input into the Sales/Project teams to ensure best fit solutions
- Delivering product training to customers and employees
- Producing documentation to support training and new functionality
- Providing on call support at weekends and 24/7 cover on a rota basis
Technical Support Engineer Role Requirements:
- Previous experience of working within the parking industry or in a field of related technology
- Qualification in electronics/electrical engineering or computer science together with other accredited computer qualifications – a Linux qualification would be advantageous
- A good working knowledge of networking fundamentals including routing, switching and security technology together with network deployment
- Strong understanding of IP networking in layers 2-4 (TCIP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN)
- Confident in the use of Linux command line and Linux/Unix/Docker, SQL/Postgres data base
- Prior experience in providing support using remote desktop applications and helpdesk software
- Systematic and logical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to produce clear documentation that can be easily followed by others
- Enthusiastic, well organised and flexible
- Full driving license with the ability to travel and stay away overnight on occasion
- Right to work in the UK
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.