Software Engineer (Python)
£40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Our client, a well-established and dynamic engineering and manufacturing company are looking to expand!
Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading the development of software for a range on technologies and products relating to electric, fuel-cell and hydrogen powertrain systems
- Designing, developing and maintaining a clean-sheet software project using Python
- Writing clean, efficient and maintainable code to industry best practices
- Working with databases (SQL) and data manipulation
- Collaborating with MATLAB based Control/Software engineers to understand and implement project requirements
- Facilitating knowledge transfer within a small multi-disciplinary software team
- Participating in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
The Ideal Software Engineer Will:
- A degree in Software Engineering
- Have a high level of proficiency in Python
- Ideally worked in a product development environment
- Able to write clean, efficient and maintainable code to industry best practices
- Experience of working with databases (SQL) and data manipulation
- Ability to collaborate with MATLAB based Control/Software engineers to understand project requirements
- Facilitate knowledge transfer within a small multi-disciplinary software team
- Experience in participating in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Agile software development processes and management tools such as JIRA
- Opportunity to work on the next generation of electric and fuel cell vehicles – play a key role in helping to decarbonise our transport and power systems
- Engaging, varied and challenging work across a range of sectors
- Competitive rates of pay and generous holidays
- Flexible working within core business hours
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 25 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press. The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record. So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.