Software Engineer (MATLAB/ Simulink)
£40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Our client, a well-established and dynamic engineering and manufacturing company are looking to expand!
Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development of software for a range on technologies and products relating to electric, fuel-cell and hydrogen powertrain systems
- Design, develop and maintain a clean-sheet software project using MATLAB/Simulink toolchain
- Developing clean, efficient and maintainable models to industry best practices.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer within a small multi-disciplinary software team
- Participating in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
The Ideal Software Engineer Will:
- Educated to degree level in Software Engineering or similar
- Experience in developing tools/applications using MATLAB/Python
- Experience of working with Python within a MATLAB environment
- Experience of developing scripts in MATLAB
- Experience of developing Simulink and Stateflow models to MISRA/MAAB standards
- Familiarity with embedded code generation, either autocode or scripting
- Software testing techniques in MATLAB/Simulink
- Can work with and develop software requirements
- Agile software development processes and management tools such as JIRA
- Experience with version control practices
- Knowledge and experience with Embedded C code (Preferred)
- Have worked with CAN and LIN Communication systems (Preferred)
- Database and data manipulation experience (Preferred)
- Opportunity to work on the next generation of electric and fuel cell vehicles – play a key role in helping to decarbonise our transport and power systems
- Engaging, varied and challenging work across a range of sectors
- Competitive rates of pay and generous holidays
- Highly flexible working arrangements - We offer flexible working within core business hours
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 25 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press. The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record. So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.