Skilled Wire Person
£24,500 Per Annum + Benefits (See Below)
Our client, a global electronics manufacturing company, are recruiting for an enthusiastic and skilled individual to join their team. They are consistently growing the team and the successful candidate will have plenty of opportunities for personal growth, making it an exciting time to join them!
As a Skilled Wire Person, you will work independently to produce products and electronic assemblies as well as providing support and advice to trainee, and semi-skilled colleagues in your team. You will have the ability, skills and experience to support the production team in multiple areas within our site and contribute to our continuous growth and improvement. From this role you will have the opportunity to develop the experience needed to progress to Team Leader if this is in your own career plan.
Skilled Wire Person Primary Job Purpose:
- To carry out the manufacture and test of cable harness assemblies within the electrical department, in accordance with the appropriate product certification procedures and in accordance with the requirements of customer orders/drawings and our client's standards and systems with supervision to the best overall value to the company.
Skilled Wire Person Requirements:
- Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly in a quality assured environment preferably MoD or Aerospace
- Be able to read electrical drawings, wiring schedules and schematics
- Demonstrate ability to certify own work in line with company quality standards
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing of electrical wiring and cable assembly
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant, test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Be willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement
- Work without supervision
Skilled Wire Person Qualifications / Skills / Personal Qualities:
- Proven background within a similar role
- Able to demonstrate advanced assembly skills
- Strong soldering and crimping skills
- Experience in the use of inspection / measuring equipment
- Able to work to engineering specifications and technical drawings
- Work well in a team as well as on own initiative
- Keen to learn new skills and develop you career
- IPC 620 Certified (Desirable)
- Company Pension Scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Health Cash Back Benefit
- Company Sharesave Scheme
- Discounted high Street and online shopping scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted RAC coverage
- 195 hours Annual Leave plus Public Holidays
- A supportive and friendly working environment with a focus on wellbeing
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.