Senior/ Principle Mechanical Design Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting generation of requirements from the customer’s brief and all relevant standards
- Generation of mechanical layouts
- 2D and 3D CAD modelling of mechanical, electrical and electronics systems
- Design for production (DfMA etc) including a working knowledge of GD&T
- Quality assessment and inspection of prototype custom components against design
- Supporting prototype builds
- BOM generation and management
- Component selection and supporting sourcing including technical discussions with manufacturers
- Design verification and validation including assessment and simulation of operational environmental factors such as stress, vibration, thermal, ingress protection
- Generation of build/ assembly instructions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineer
- Experience in designing transport mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of the relevant design standards for mechanical system design and manufacture applied to the above
- Experienced in designing production intent product including use of tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA and DfM.
- Experience in the mechanical design and packaging of HV and LV electrical systems, ideally across both mobile and static enclosure-based systems
- Technical design presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Electro-mechanical design system design in above advised applications
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods including sheet metal, machining and casting.
- Knowledge of common engineering materials and their selection
- Thermal management design in electronic systems
- Experience in rack-mounted or enclosure-based systems
- Experience of mechanical component sourcing and a strong supplier database
- Experience in the mechanical design of energy storage/delivery systems such as batteries, supercaps or fuel cells
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 25 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you