Senior Geotechnical Engineer
£45 000 - £55 000 Per Annum
At Jackie Kerr Recruitment, we are excited to be recruiting for a skilled Senior Geotechnical Engineer, to join our client's growing team!
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Role:
- Design and manage multi-disciplinary ground investigations, including site supervision of sub-contractors
- Be familiar with common conditions of contract relating to ground investigation (ICC, NEC3, NEC4 etc.) and ensure these are adhered to on projects
- Review, sort and manipulate investigation data (including AGS data) to generate a ground model
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensure these are controlled during the execution of projects
- Undertake shallow and deep foundation design, including axially and laterally loaded piles, bearing capacity and settlement analysis
- Operate geotechnical software/programming, such as Holebase SI, LimitState: GEO and Settle 3D. AutoCAD skills are preferable
- Write factual reports and EC7 compliant GIR & GDR reports
- Design temporary works and enabling elements (e.g., temporary haul roads and working platforms)
- Design permanent works such as mass gravity retaining walls and engineered slopes
- Be accountable for assigned projects, including ensuring budget control and reporting financial performance to senior management
- Co-ordinate with other employees and external disciplines on projects
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Required Skills:
- BEng (Hons) /BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering or a Geotechnical/Geological Science
- Minimum 3-5 years’ post-graduate experience and ideally Chartered or close to attaining Chartership with a recognised institution (CEng or CGeol)
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Produce High quality work
- Desire to learn and progress
- Demonstrate track record in geotechnical engineering
- Knowledge and experience in ground investigation
- Understanding of Eurocode 7 design methodologies
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Desirable Skills:
- AutoCAD skills are preferable
- An MEng/MSc in Geotechnical Engineering (or equivalent) would be considered advantageous
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 24 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.