My client is an established engineering company, due to continued growth we have an exciting new opportunity for a full-time Project Estimator.
Project Estimator Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyse the customers' requirements to prepare estimate bids to meet project goals, ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Liaise with engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to manufacturing technicians
- Produce detailed estimates including obtaining raw material and sub-contractors' costs to effectively establish accurate material, equipment and labour costs for the project
- Compile accurate estimates, bids and quotations based on all data gathered and share this with relevant stakeholders, maintain consistent, up to date and reliable data for all bids
- Calculate costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to check feasibility of manufacture and construction of the product.
- Liaise with customers on all levels to ensure the information received and the quote they receive is correct
- Estimate fabrication times working with our production team to ensure methodologies are appropriate and efficiencies maintained
- Create high quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by designers and make modifications to existing drawings, ensuring drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols as required by client
- When designing the product ensure value engineering where possible.
- Use of TurboCAD software programs to create designs in 2D and 3D models.
- Prioritise outstanding enquiries in a way to promote customer satisfaction.
- Create design documentation
- Liaise with external suppliers/subcontractors/external design team/structural engineers
- Take part in project meetings with production management team to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget and address any issues before and during production
- Maintain accurate records and ensure any changes to drawings are updated and recorded
Project Estimator Ideal Candidate will:
- AutoCAD drawing skills
- Confidence to continue excellent relationships with customers, supply chain and other stakeholders
- Able to read and create technical drawings using AutoCAD
- Highly motivated
Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:00
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.