Nr Paignton, Devon
£30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Our well-established client have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Project Engineer, to join a global working company within various sectors.
The Project Engineer opportunity has arisen for someone to be responsible for day-to-day project management of the engineering department, reporting directly to the Production Manager.
The role will include the full management of new and existing engineering projects from initial concept through to completion. It will also incorporate a close working relationship with all key stake holders within the organization as well as close liaison with external sub-contractors, production, sales and purchasing. The fast-paced nature of the industry requires the individual to be able to meet tight deadlines and competent project management skills through effective communication across a multi-site organization. The objective will be to proactively develop and maximize opportunities through application engineering.
Project Engineer Main Responsibilities:
- Manage and take ownership of the Engineered Solutions RFQ and Project process, including the following:
- Review each request to determine if both technically and commercially viable.
- Ensure the required information has been captured to proceed, including application details, customer drawing review and any additional documentation such as specifications called up on drawings.
- Coordinate with the necessary departments such as purchasing, production, quality and sales.
- Support purchasing with supplier communication and reviewing of quotations received to ensure specifications are correct such as materials, tolerances etc.
- Provide sales with accurate costing sheets and drawings where required.
- Record project details, costing sheets, and information within the project folders and QX.
- Ensure the RFQ/Project process has been completed within the required time frame.
- Working with the Junior Design Engineer to assist with the preparation of CAD drawings using SolidWorks.
- Develop and implement process improvements to the Engineering Department in accordance with our client's AS9100 quality accreditation.
- Assist Production and Quality departments with the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and standards.
- Assist the Quality Department in support of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, testing, drawing control and standards management.
Project Engineer Key Attributes:
- Proven background within a Project Engineering role within a Mechanical Engineering industry.
- Competent user in Solid Works CAD (or similar).
- Sound technical and practical engineering comprehension.
- Experience within an engineering team/environment.
- Hands on application experience with knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Customer focused and problem-solving mentality.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work under their own initiatives.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Full UK driving license.
Project Engineer Details:
- Salary £30,000 - £35,000 - Depending upon experience
- Full-time, Permanent position. 08.30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
- 33.5 Days Holiday, including Bank Holidays.
- Discretionary bonus
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.