Salary Dependent Upon Experience
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Production Technician to participate in the manufacture of precision optical devices.
Production Technician Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test electro-optical inspection equipment
- Work according to engineering drawings/ specifications to ensure all components are properly integrated
- Conduct thorough quality checks on finished products to ensure they meet the company's high-quality standards
- Perform functional testing and calibration of equipment to ensure accurate and reliable operation
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues that may arise during testing and during the assembly process
- Maintain detailed records of assembly procedures, test results, and any modifications made during the production process
- Complete production reports and update databases as required
- Suggest and implement process improvements
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures
- Expected to manage stock levels of components and finished products
- Perform routine maintenance and upkeep of production machinery and tools to ensure they remain in optimal working condition
- Provide training and technical support to junior technicians, ensuring the transfer of knowledge and skills within the team
- Engage in adhoc basis with either end customers or suppliers with a view to assimilating any quality issues that may arise.
The Ideal Production Technician Will:
- GCSE’s or equivalent. Additional technical certifications or relevant vocational training
- Proven experience as a Production Technician or in a similar role involving precision equipment assembly
- Familiarity with a combination of mechanical, electrical, optical and electronic systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow precise assembly instructions
- Proficient in using various hand and power tools
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team in an ever-changing production environment
- Prior experience in stock management or inventory control would be advantageous
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 25 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.