£21,450 Per Hour + Benefits + Full Training
We are recruiting an enthusiastic candidate for our growing client, based on the outskirts of Swindon. If you are looking to join a company where you will learn new skills and start an exciting career, look no further!
Our client are recruiting for a Production Technician, to set and operate cutting and dicing machinery, to cut customer supplied materials to a given specification. The role will also involve carrying out other production tasks as allocated following appropriate training and instruction.
Production Technician Role (Full Training Provided):
- Set and Program Dicing and Cutting machines, fitting blades, aligning material using the visual optical aids, and setting water jets and adjusting as necessary to operate safely in a way that produces the correct specification of products
- Fit the fragile materials (Silicon, PZT, Alumina, and other Semiconductor material to the tape or Wax carrier as required by the specification in order to enable the cutting process to take place accurately and to achieve the required rate of output
- Operate machinery in a safe and accurate way, taking care of all equipment and keeping the workspace clean and tidy
- Read and understand Engineering drawings to set correct dimensions and tolerances, raising any problems with the Production Supervisor
- Book materials into the department and out of the department when complete using the Business Operating System (Progress Plus)
- Pack finished product according to the standards set, taking care of the fragile product to ensure no damage or breakages either during packing or in transport, and including any necessary paperwork as necessary
- Report results of non-conformance and audits to the departments Manager or Supervisor to promote continuous improvement and problem solving
- Follow and comply with Quality standards, policies and procedures to ensure that Site Standards, Product integrity and due diligence are maintained
- Take part in the identification and implementation of robust Corrective and Preventative Action, (CAPA) through use of recognised problem-solving methods
- Identify and communicate opportunities for further improvements or solutions to resolve problems with compliance by communicating effectively to the Supervisor
- Implement and comply with authorised procedural changes that improve Quality and Yield, through liaison with operational Supervisors and Staff
- Use and operate appropriate equipment and processes according to the Instructed Methods and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the final product is always completed in accordance with customer requirements
- Carry out housekeeping duties and maintain and safe and tidy working area. Applying ‘Clean As You Go’ on a regular and timely basis and maintaining a 6’s manufacturing environment and to ISO 9001: 2015 Quality standards
Production Technician Person Specification:
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English
- Able to understand engineering drawings
- A good level of computer literacy (Microsoft Excel intermediate)
- Manually dextrous and able to handle fragile materials and components
- Quick to learn
- Able to learn how to Set and Program the Cutting and Dicing Machines
- Attention to detail
- Industrious and focused
- Interested in technology and curious to learn
- Full UK driving licence / own transport essential, due to location
Production Technician Further Details:
- Rotating shift pattern: Week 1 - 09:30-18:00 Monday-Thursday, 09:30-15:00 Fridays. Week 2 - 06:00-14:30 Monday-Thursday, 06:00-11:30 Fridays
- 25 days' holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company performance bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 24 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.