Production Team Leader
Nr Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Competitive Salary, DOE
Our client, a well-established manufacturer based in rural Oxfordshire, are recruiting for an enthusiastic Production Team Leader!
Production Team Leader Job Summary:
To Manage the Production Warehouse and the Materials Team to ensure all goods are received correctly, all processes are followed, stock levels are accurate in the warehouse and on the production lines and the Supply Chain team are informed when replenishment is required.
Production Team Leader Job Description:
- Organise the Materials Team to ensure all daily tasks are completed fully and on time
- Manage the goods receiving process, ensure all production goods are booked in correctly, any ‘short shipments’ are reported to the Supply Chain team and GRN’s are updated to reflect actual goods received.
- Attend the morning production meeting and report any stock issues.
- Carryout lineside stock counts (audits) and make sure all counts are up to date.
- Ensure Kanban cards and audit sheets are passed to the Supply Chain team to arrange replenishment and reordering.
- Set up new stock locations as required in Sage and ensure all materials are stored correctly in their stock locations.
- Manage the Warehouse ensuring a safe, organised, efficient, and tidy environment.
- Ensure the Materials Team are trained for the jobs they perform, are multiskilled to perform all tasks and can cover during holiday and absence.
- Transact all materials correctly between stock locations and to the shop floor.
- Manage the cycle counting process in the production warehouse making sure counts are up to date.
- Ensure daily checks are completed on all lifting equipment and Forklift trucks as required before use.
- Ensure all stock located in racking and is stored in a safe manner according to the SWL of the beams.
- Identify areas for improvement in efficiency, Health and Safety or other areas, and escalate to line management.
- Ensure team members follow the relevant company policies, procedures and practices as defined by management.
- Carry out monthly racking inspections, report any damage to the Health and Safety Manager and arrange for rectification.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks assigned by your line manager
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety policies ensuring safe working practices are carried out at all times.
Production Team Leader Mandatory Responsibilities:
All staff have the following responsibilities, whereby they must:
- Live by and promote the Core Values.
- Be Honest
- Be fair
- Keep Commitments
- Respect the individual
- Encourage intellectual Curiosity
- Adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety requirements.
- Take responsibility for aspects of Health and Safety over which they have control.
- Take reasonable care for their own Health and Safety.
- To promote and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
Production Team Leader Education / Qualifications / Experience:
The following qualifications and experience are preferred:
- Must have experience using an MRP / ERP system in a warehouse environment
- Has experience of using materials processes including Goods receiving, cycle counting, and transacting goods between stock locations.
- Must have experience of people management, delegating duties and organising team members
- Has a proven track record of multi-tasking
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.