Production Supervisor / Team Leader
Nr Cirencester, Gloucestershire
£24,000 – £25,500 Per Annum
Jackie Kerr Recruitment has an opportunity to work with a fast-growing food manufacturer in their production factory in the Cotswolds, supervising a small team to produce luxury products.
You will need to be highly organised, flexible in your approach, work well under pressure and able to motivate small teams. This is a great opportunity for someone who has manufacturing experience and wants to run their own section in a company which is going from strength to strength.
Production Supervisor Job Purpose:
The Production Supervisor has the responsibility for a specific area within the factory and is tasked with maximising the effectiveness of the filling or packing operation by overseeing labour, material, and machinery utilisation.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Drive the overall performance of the assigned area to ensure that production activities occur as scheduled within the plan
- Train and supervise employees to produce efficiently to the highest quality level and ensure continuity of production and deliver targets
- Oversee the day-to-day management of a minimum of 5 other employees in the area
- Ensure materials are available at the required time and meet quality standard
- Ensure line changeover duties are performed in a timely manner and machinery is set up correctly and to standard
- Maintain close liaison with other Supervisors and the Production Manager to ensure smooth product changeovers with minimum downtime and wastage, and to ensure effective utilisation of staff throughout the site.
- Ensure that products being produced meet all agreed quality parameters and quickly recognise and rectify any deviations from these parameters thus minimising reject
- Complete paperwork ensuring that it meets with current legislation and food safety requirements
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities with procedures, systems and work methods, recommended improvements and implementing authorised changes
Production Supervisor Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous production supervision experience, ideally in a food or similar environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop others
- Attention to detail and numerate
- High level of computer literacy
- Logical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
Job Types: Full-time, Temp - Perm
Salary: £24,000.00-£25,500.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.