Production and Logistics Controller
£35,000 - £45,000
Our client is a provider of solutions and systems to the Defence and Aerospace markets. They are a growing company and it’s an exciting time to join!
Production and Logistics Controller Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own the inventory management for the stores area and ensure regular cycle counting takes place and ensure a plan is in place to maintain a healthy level of inventory
- Observing and complying with company health & safety policies and company standard operating procedures and continuously looking to suggest improvements in these areas
- Building and updating the Manufacturing Production Schedule liaising with the production manager to ensure the floor is well planned and executed to customer requirements
- Line Management and Accountability for the Production Control and Logistics Team to include, performance management and development, setting clear measurable objectives and contributing to site engagement and improvement activities
- Corresponding with the sites stakeholders to ensure that the customer facing team (Programme Managers), the supplier facing teams (Supply Chain) and the internal facing teams (Production and Stores) are all in sync with the effective plan for running the manufacturing facility
- Ensuring the stores team are well motivated and well supported
Production and Logistics Controller ideal candidate will:
- Experienced with working with ERP and MRP systems
- Data driven with strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Professional and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably Supply Chain Management & Project Management
- Strong IT skills. Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook). Power Bi is an advantage but not essential
- Positive, enthusiastic with a track record of making significant improvements in their areas of expertise
- Demonstrate a successful track record within a similar position at a similar level
- Can demonstrate their ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at a senior level, both externally and internally
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively in a manufacturing environment
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Employee assistance programme
- Site incentive plan
- Financial wellbeing benefit
- Discounted online and high street shopping and lifestyle vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted RAC membership
- Discounted Gym membership
- 195 hours annual leave plus bank holidays
- A supportive and friendly working environment with a focus on wellbeing and sustainability
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirements to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment. com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.