Plant PLC & Commissioning Engineer
Our client is a well-respected water-management firm. They are growing rapidly, and it is an exciting time to join their team!
Plant PLC & Commissioning Engineer Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take lead running the programmable control systems within water mobile units
- Taking lead on the commissioning and final testing of newly built mobile water treatment equipment
- Strong communication skills as you will be on the phone to various Engineers
- Be a role model in the driving and following of EHS standards and culture within the Peterborough facility and always ensuring adherence to Quality standards
- PLC modifications and fault finding in the regeneration plant, for sites, and on our control systems for mobile water treatment equipment
- Fault finding in control systems (PLCs', SCADA, DCS etc) through preventative and reactive maintenance
- Liaison with Assembly, Engineering and Plant Manager in discovery and elimination of unknown issues caused by design and performing CE upgrades to existing equipment as per the requirement of the business
- Improvement of electrical consumption and efficiency of the plant to achieve the maximum cost savings
- Electrical and PLC support to the Plant and Assembly Team and strict follow up changes in MOC and documentation
- Maintain electrical control systems in containers, trailers, and skids. Including lighting, direct on-line, instrumentation, pumps / motors, etc
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work and occasionally travel to customer site
- Maintain the integrity of work rules and processes and maintaining accurate maintenance records
- Participate in trainings and team meetings and suggesting possible improvements
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required and commissioning new and refurbished equipment
Plant PLC & Commissioning Engineer ideal candidate will:
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in industrial electrical works
- Previously worked in Industrial area, assembly, or another operational role
- Proved record of EHS and Quality awareness
- Experience in the Water treatment industry is an advantage
Working Hours & Benefits:
- Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
- Company car + fuel card
- Home Based with travel
- Health & Welfare benefits
- Holiday allowance of 25 days + Plus bank holidays – Option to buy and sell days
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity care
- Support for carers
- Matched pension contribution
- Life insurance
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirements to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment. com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you