Operations and Purchasing Manager
£30,000 - £38,000 Per Annum
Our client design and manufacture high quality LED reading lights for Aerospace, Maritime, and Commercial interiors. They are looking for a well-organized manager to join their growing team!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 5 (Purchasing Admin, Office Junior, Stores Admin, Stores Operative, and Stores QA)
- Responsible for managing purchasing requirements such as planning and scheduling
- Create a weekly production schedule + capacity requirements
- Responsible for recruiting, managing staff retention and handling training to achieve KPI’s
- Mentoring the Purchase Admin to develop their skills
- Produce weekly reports on Purchasing and Production department efficiency
- Looking at department and process improvements for production and purchasing
- Review and approve orders, ensuring they go out on time
- Carry out prepack inspection and part review in production
- Oversee the planning purchasing work to identify shortages
- Supplier monitoring tracking trends and performance
- Work with the Quality Manager to propose process updates, creating/updating procedures
- Learning the audit process and help auditing areas as needed
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have prior experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Have good knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
- Be well organized and excellent planning skills
- Be self-motivate and committed
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to think holistically
- Have great people skills
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 25 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you