NPI Project Engineer
Nr Witney, Oxfordshire
Our long-standing and growing client have an exciting new opportunity, for an NPI Project Engineer!
NPI Project Engineer Role:
- Management of NPI from initial design concepts through to manufacturing handover. Be the conduit for new product development with the Manufacturing Engineering team
- Oversee product improvement and obsolescence process and procedures
- Manage the NPI for all new products to include:
- Maintaining project progress summary documents (Phase documents)
- Procurement and delivery of production tooling and equipment up to manufacturing handover
- Part Sampling, sourcing and supplier feedback
- Maintaining Project cost documents
- ERP system setup including BOM’s
- Liaising with Production Engineering team on Factory setup ready for production
- Handling manufacturing hand over and publishing of Quality & Work Instruction documentation
- Life Cycle management of products to include:
- Product redesign & improvement costing
- Integrity of manufacturing led improvements to original design
- Product obsolescence planning
- Ensure all new products have the expected documentation (work instructions etc.) in place at the time of production handover
- Lead by example and maintain consistent / high personal standards
- Produce a monthly report on all projects, showing performance to expected budget as outlined in the initial phase documents
- Pro-actively resolve any issues where employees are working in a potentially hazardous way, reporting any near miss incidents
- Take accountability for all other employees’ actions ensuring they behave within the guidelines of the health & safety and environmental legislation, (consult H&S officer where necessary
NPI Project Engineer Person Specification:
- GCSE Maths & Science or equivalent, Relevant Project Management Training
- Degree in Engineering / Design / Science (Desirable)
- Experience: Project management, DFM, Factory design & manufacturing processes, Plastic Moulding
- Desirable experience: PPE Equipment & Standards, Product development, Design of Injection moulded parts & tools
- Skills and knowledge: Basic CAD design and part analysis, Injection moulding process, Injection moulding Tooling, Project Management Tools, Microsoft Office
- Desirable skills and knowledge: Lean Manufacturing
- Personal characteristics: Able to work independently as well as within a team environment, Able to operate confidently and communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in a written form, Excellent with detail, Completer finisher
- Committed to learning and self-development
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press. The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record. So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.