£15.75 - £20.08 Per Hour
Our long-standing client are looking for Mechanical Fitters, who are able to work in an efficient manner as well as work as a part of a flexible team to ensure overall build schedule is achieved. You will be building products accurate to the drawing and fitting notes, making decisions related to quality of product.
Mechanical Fitter Duties / Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the build is to the highest standard of quality achieving tolerances and testing parameters
- Achievement of the build schedule timescales agreed with the Production Supervisor
- At all times work constructively within the Final Fitting Shop team to identify and progress problems impacting the product build or schedule
- To ensure all PPE is used to maximise extent to provide a safe environment for all
- Provide assistance where necessary when product cannot be welded in fabrication shop
- Good timekeeping, Ability to work as part of a team and on own when required
- Be flexible and adaptable to achieve output and targets (overtime maybe required)
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person
Mechanical Fitter Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Qualified to City and Guilds / NVQ level 3 standard on Mechanical Engineering / Fitting
- Ability to identify problems and resolve at a high technical level
- Hydraulic testing experience
- Pump experience is desirable
Mechanical Fitter Key Competencies:
- Technical – build from a set of drawings
- Conscientious / time keeping
- Ability to use both cranes and slings
0730 - 1630 Monday to Thursday
0730 - 1130 Friday's
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 24 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.