Mechanical Design Engineer
King's Lynn, Norfolk
£35,000 Per Annum
Our client are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is a strong team player and can work using their own initiative.
Joining our client's design team, the successful candidate will play a key role in the design and development of projects. You’ll be tasked with providing effective and innovative product design solutions to ensure our client remains a market leader.
Your daily to-do list will centre around carrying out mechanical design tasks from concept through to production drawings to meet business and customer’s specified requirements and providing a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost-effective manner. You’ll ensure all schedules are understood and your workload is efficiently managed.
You’ll support specific projects ensuring timescales and budget requirements are achieved and utilise third party and supplier software to calculate specific requirements.
You’ll be in constant communication with the director to relay information about the status of a project, and you’ll also be asked to provide expert input to ensure that the most economical and advantageous design strategy is adopted through collaboration.
In terms of skills, our client are seeking a mechanical engineer who possesses a good understanding of mechanical engineering principles and is competent and confident in all technical aspects of mechanical design and development of special purpose machinery. Ideally, you’ll have picked up this knowledge through working in a similar precision engineering and multi-skilled environment.
You’ll have experience in delivering solutions to technical problems, electrical engineering design and design analysis and undertaking technical calculations. Having SolidWorks and Autodesk experience is also required for the role.
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out mechanical design to meet business and customer specified requirements
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost effective manner & scope changes are managed in accordance with standard operation procedures
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet objectives
- Effectively communicate project status to the Technical Director/Head of Engineering/Technical lead
- Produce mechanical designs from concept to production drawings in line with customer needs and business objectives
- Support specific projects ensuring timescales and budget requirements are achieved
- Utilise third party/supplier software to calculate specific requirements
- Implement company and external standards
- Ensure data is input into the company’s database
- Understanding of BS/ISO application
- Checking of work done by others
- Conduct risk assessments of machinery
- Provide expert input to ensure that the most economical / advantageous design strategy is adopted through collaboration
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required
- Ensure innovative processes are implemented
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Skills:
- Possess a good understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of mechanical design and development of special purpose machinery (ideally gained within a similar environment)
- Experience in delivering solutions to technical problems
- Experience of undertaking technical calculations
- Experience of working within a multi-skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical components)
- Experience of technical projects including working to tight timescales throughout the project life cycle
- 2D CAD design experience (AutoCAD) desirable
- 3D CAD design experience (SolidWorks) essential
- Ability to provide quality information within deadlines
- Empathy with other functions and projects
- Proactive interaction with other functions
- Team-player and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong PC skills
Mechanical Design Engineer Experience:
- Design Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- High speed bottling / canning conveyor systems (Essential)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 4 years (Preferred)
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.