Mechanical Design Engineer
£42,000 Per Annum + Bonus
The Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
Our client have been established over 25 years operating in Military, Marine and Aerospace and Specialised Industrial markets. A niche player in electro-mechanical products and cryogenics/electro optics. The role will require significant contribution to the next stage of growth of the business, a creative and forward thinker, motivated and energetic. The right candidate will be given plenty of opportunity as the business develops to further their career.
The candidate would have a passion for engineering and creating solutions in our client's product technologies. It is important that the successful candidate is a hands-on individual who will solve problems both in design and manufacture/assembly of the product, particularly in the prototyping stage. Understanding and interpreting customers specifications and requirements, to produce products that satisfy demanding environmental and performance challenging criteria. Capable of managing projects and resources.
Mechanical Design Engineer Experience:
- Fully experienced in CAD 2D and 3D systems, ideally AutoCAD Inventor or experience in Solid Works and able to quickly adapt to AutoCAD
- Able to design components and assemblies and generate BOM’s and support documentation
- FE Analysis an advantage
- Able to produce Technical Documents, Process Instructions, Test Plans etc and liaise with members of the team including Production, Marketing and Purchasing
- Environmental testing of new products
- Confident in liasing with customers UK and Overseas in large defence organisations and suppliers, throughout the Product life Cycle
Mechanical Design Engineer Qualifications:
- Minimum of HNC qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Educated to Degree level an advantage
Mechanical Design Engineer Additional Information:
- Working Hours - 37.5 per week, 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 - 16:00 Fridays
- 25 days' holiday + Bank Holidays
- Driving licence and car essential due to location
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.