Mechanical Design Engineer
£45,000 Per Annum
Primary Purpose of Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
- To develop conceptual and detailed designs that ensure the product functions, performs, and is fit for purpose
- Work with Marketers and Production Engineers to develop the product concept and specifications to meet customer needs and introduce to manufacture
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Produce product designs, detailed engineering, and assembly drawings for manufacturing, perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs
- Work with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation. Use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to model and evaluate key variables within a product, using software such as ‘Ansys’
- Producing accurate bill of materials from the design stage ensuring materials are specified correctly and are suitable for the job. Apply design for cost, performance, manufacturability, service etc
- Liaising with the Sales Team / Customers / Suppliers / Employees on design specifications to see NPI & Improvement projects through to completion
- Integrate into the Engineering work stream all required procedures during the development stages. These to include Specification Documents, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, (FMEA), Process Routings and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the product is built properly and according to design specifications • Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, Tolerancing key parts to ensure complex assemblies fit together correctly
- Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations, and client standards
- Controlling design through a controlled and authorised system (PMD Vault)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Promote a safe and secure working environment ensuring H&S procedures are adhered to and implemented
- Demonstrate and act as a role model for Company standards of behaviour and values. Set the standards and expectations for all staff and the Production Management Team to maintain the behaviours that support an effectively run and efficient manufacturing operation
Mechanical Design Engineer Person Specification:
- Educated Bachelor's Degree in Physics or Mechanical Engineering (BSc / BEng) Masters level of attainment preferred
- Expert in Mechanical Design
- Proven track record and deep understanding in the use of Computer Aided Design Packages (Solidworks / AutoCAD)
- Minimum of 5 years proven track record in Design Engineering in an Engineering Manufacturing / OEM Organisation
- Proven track record in the use of Use Finite Element Analysis to model and evaluate key variables within a product, using software such as ‘Ansys’
- Innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms
- High level of familiarity with industry control standards, BSI, ISO, IATF, AS9000
- High level of working knowledge of industry quality assurance and measurement processes, PPAP, FMEA, FAIR
Mechanical Design Engineer Professional Skills / Abilities:
- Have experience and proven track record in the use of Use Finite Element Analysis to model and evaluate key variables within a product, using software such as ‘Ansys'
- Good understanding of Materials / Metallurgy and how materials perform under mechanical machining conditions. An understanding of galvanic properties of metals would be beneficial
- Deep understanding of different machining methods and techniques. In particular mechanical machining, Turning, Milling, Grinding
- Understand metal finishing techniques and applications such as plating and anodising
- Financially astute, able to assimilate detail and identify key issues quickly – understanding their impact on tactics and strategy
- Excellent communicator able to define operational needs and convey company objectives
- Computer literate and numerate with excellent analytical and reporting skills
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.