Manual CNC Machinist
From £30,000 Per Annum
Our client is looking for a Manual Machinist to join their growing team!
Manual CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
- To operate all required machinery such as lathes, drills, saws, presses, mills, punch machine and grinders for the manufacturing of engineered components, following company operating and quality procedures
- Produce machined parts by setting up, and operating CNC machines
- Determine the fixtures, attachments and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications
- Carry out the manual machining of jigs to aid machining productivity
- As required assist within the powder coating paint plant process
- To report any drawings that exceed the working parameters of our machines and recommend drawing changes
- Assist the CAD Technician in the creation of specific machine set-up and step by step instructions of use for the creation of all components
- Report any quality failures or problems related to the operation of the machines
Manual CNC Machinist Skills:
- Ideally, time served with at least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment is an essential requirement along with being CNC trained
- Must possess the ability to set up and operate CNC mill and lathe
- Ideally have a good understanding of CNC programming
- Experienced in manual machining such as milling, turning, and grinding and working with a variety of materials
- Capable of selecting and setting of the correct tooling to maximise quality and efficiency
- Working as part of a small team it is essential to be dependable and self-motivated with a flexible approach
- Willingness to cross train across other production departments as and when required
- Physical strength and stamina (role is primarily standing with the exception of breaks and lunch period) with the ability to lift medium to heavy objects
Manual Machinist Benefits & Way of Working:
- Full time, permanent position
- Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 25 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you