£30,000 – £35,000 Per Annum
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Maintenance Engineer. This is an understudy position leading to taking over the role once the candidate is trained.
Working in a dynamic business you have the opportunity to work across a range of machinery and equipment, from nail guns to CNC machines and be faced with mechanical and electrical challenges.
- Maintenance experience with CNC’s, Large table saws, Presses and various jump routers
- Basic Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge
- Basic electrical and mechatronic knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure against a timed schedule
- Strong communicator with good written skills and a basic knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability with a proven ability to act swiftly and efficiently
- Openness to external guidance/support with a strong teamworking mind set
- Strong organisation and efficiency skills, key focus on gathering data, preparing reports and investing robust countermeasures (continuous improvement)
- Turning and Milling knowledge
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- PLC knowledge
- Basic fabrication and welding knowledge
- Conduct routine scheduled maintenance on various machinery within the factory, for example replacing worn parts, lubricating gears/motors/moving parts, replacing filters, gears, valves, tubes, cables, cutting blades and calibrating instruments
- Manage machinery breakdowns efficiently, implementing corrective maintenance activities with functional verification testing
- Ensuring machinery is fully compliant with all Health and Safety requirements
- Implementing and managing all daily maintenance work schedules and TPM & PPM requirements
- Overall responsibility to investigate daily incidents and create reports to present to senior management
- Ability to manage projects, including new machinery installations or line changes
- Develop contractors on site, ensuring availability of consumables/materials to prevent impact to production
- Support maintenance improvement activities within the workshop and production areas, focussing on strong health and safety compliance with good cleanliness
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.