£40,000 Per Annum
Laboratory Manager Job Summary:
- The Laboratory Manager will be required to help expand the company’s services into onshore soil/rock testing and to ensure this testing is completed to the highest industry standards whilst ensuring the required accreditations
- Keeping the clients duly informed of testing progress and updating management on all KPIs related to the department
Laboratory Manager Functions and Duties:
- Day-to-day organisation and supervision of laboratory
- Evaluate resources, processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement both technical and financially and identify growth opportunities
- Set up a fully licensed Geotechnical materials testing laboratory and keep licenses valid over time
- Managing and supervising all activities related to laboratory testing
- Performing laboratory tests as required
- Checking and validation of test results
- Interpreting test data and preparing lab testing reports and summaries
- Calibrating and maintaining lab equipment
- Managing and training laboratory technicians
- Keeping the laboratory organized and in compliance with internal and external accreditation
- Keeping up to date with advances in geotechnical testing and continual improvement in the facility
- Line management for laboratory team – completion of appraisals and further developing a department training matrix
- Ensuring the highest QA standards for deliverables
- Monthly reporting of financial performance, staffing and forward planning
- Responsible for cost control
Laboratory Manager Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong Geotechnical background
- Experience &/or recognised degree with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Management or supervision experience in a similar role is desirable
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.