Junior Product Design Engineer
£23,000 - £25,000 Per Annum
Our client, based in Witney, are a leading manufacturer in their field, with UK-based R&D and Global manufacturing sites. They are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual, to join their design team.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Product Design.
Junior Product Design Engineer Job Purpose:
- To assist the department head with all aspects of the product development process
- Design of new products to agreed brief
- To manage individually assigned projects from conception through to mass production
- To deliver a satisfactory product to an indefinite brief within restrictive time and budget constraints
- Rectification and modification of product designs to any product with performance shortfalls
- Product improvement
- Support the Manufacturing team
- Any reasonable task asked to do by a member of management
- Act as a member of the team and behave in line with H&S Guidelines
Junior Product Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Web based investigation of existing products
- Sourcing / procurement of existing products
- In-depth physical analysis of existing products
- Studying Global Standards Literature to assess scope of Design Requirement
- Investigations of new materials, processes, fasteners and adhesives
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques to ensure products designed are at the leading edge
- Physical model making for aesthetics, proof of concept and testing
- Design sketching
- Assisting CAD designers with development of CAD data to best fulfil design criteria
- 3D CAD model creation
- 3D printer operation
- Rapid Prototype Analysis
- Design products in tune with the market, always maintain a commercial view in the direction of product development
Design for Manufacture
- Implementation of new materials, processes, fasteners and adhesives
- Technical report writing
- Injection mould tool specification
- Act and react quickly and responsibly to product design issues
Junior Product Design Engineer Skills & Competencies:
- Product design
- Design for manufacture
- Proficient in 3D / 2D CAD. SolidWorks
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of PPE Equipment and Standards / Traffic Management Products and Standards
- Knowledge in Design of Injection Moulded Parts
- Knowledge of plastics materials and their various characteristics (ideal)
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes including injection moulding, compression moulding, blow moulding, vacuum forming, plastics extrusion, ultrasonic welding, rapid prototyping (ideal)
- Excellent with detail
- Committed to learning and self-development
- Develop effective working relationships with team members, internal
- Be a proactive problem solver
- Commercially aware
- Capable of working accurately under pressure, prioritising workload
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Highly self-motivated and reliable - willingness to "go the extra mile"
- Enthusiastic attitude, professional manner and quick learner
- Good attention to detail and accurate keyboard skills
- Working to deadlines and targets
- Absorb training and instructions in order to work independently
- Be a team player, willing to adapt to new challenges and changes and help colleagues when required
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 24 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.