£22,000 – £24,000 Per Annum
Our client, who is a leading and trusted manufacturer, is looking for a Junior Buyer to join their team! The right candidate will need to be focused, proactive with excellent communication skills and to administer to a professional level.
Junior Buyer Role:
- Reporting to the Senior Buyer
- Support the Supply chain team with order placement and PO management, placing expensive orders within your remit
Junior Buyer Goal:
- Assist the supply chain team to organise buying of purchased components and subcontract supplier services
- You will be responsible for supplier order book management and professional supplier relationship management
- General administration and filing must be kept up to date
- Supporting documentation processes will also be helpful in areas of cost controls (MPV) and import documentation and freight cost management
Junior Buyer Role Objectives:
- Place purchase orders in a timely manner and expediting these to ensure delivery on time
- Order acknowledgements to be vetted in line with the MRP screens to ensure the delivery date is correct and on time. Also check price acknowledged is the agreed price on the purchase order
- Aid and expediting as require and when appropriate to the department
- Book in parts delivered to off-site supplier locations
- Delivery of continuous improvements in administration including quality and service
- Proactively communicate exceptions to the Supply Chain Management
- Ensure you are available for Stocktake on an annual basis
- Manage open purchase orders and correspondence
Junior Buyer Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good understanding of supplier documentation and delivery processes
- Good understanding of manufacturing environments (desirable)
- Understanding of MRP systems
- Professional approach
- 25-day annual leave holiday plus stator
- Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Employee benefits scheme
Hours of Work:
0730 – 1630 Monday – Thursday
0730 – 1245 Fridays
The right candidate will be expected to vary their time between two Swindon sites (within 15 minutes of each other)
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.