Circa £30,000 Per Annum
Jackie Kerr Recruitment are proud to be supporting this market leading specialist within the geotechnical site investigations for offshore renewables, offshore oil & gas, nearshore civil infrastructure, scientific research and offshore mineral exploration.
Geotechnical Engineer Job Summary:
The Geotechnical Engineer is responsible in performing technical role as defined by Project Manager, Offshore Project Manager or Project Engineer during the execution of projects. The position has a combined role of offshore project fieldwork and office-based engineering and reporting.
Geotechnical Engineer Functions and Duties:
- The duties assigned to the Geotechnical Engineer are varied, but will include:
- Performance or supervision of geotechnical description and laboratory testing of soil and rock samples
- Quality control and processing of in situ testing
- Production of borehole logs
- Specification of laboratory testing schedules
- Generation of design soil profiles
- Performance of geotechnical engineering such as bearing capacity calculations, piled foundation design, liquefaction assessment and pile driving analyses
- Creation of engineering reports
- Participate in any health and safety talks, meetings or training
- Responsible for the quality of service to internal and external clients including interested parties
- Any other duties deemed necessary, which are within the bounds of the incumbent’s competence and function
Geotechnical Engineer Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology or equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in civil or geotechnical engineering work
- Skilled with programming in VBA or Python Experienced with machine learning would be a plus
- Conversant with equipment / software in use
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.