Field Service Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Our client, who are a leader in utilities, are looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to cover Bristol and surrounding areas.
Field Service Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies, and adhere to customer site rules and procedures (assuming the highest level compliance)
- Undertake planned and unplanned service activity as allocated by Service co-ordination team
- Perform routine maintenance work including chemical sanitisation when required
- Able to work at weekends as/when required
- Willingness to be on call for out of hours emergency work (rota system)
- Minimise customer down time by effectively planning and executing the work
- Deliver and install new equipment (parts) as and when repair is not prudent
- Test and commission all work prior to leaving the work-site
- Explain and demonstrate correct use of equipment if necessary
- Ensure Customer sign-off of work prior to leaving site
- Report activity on ACCESS Service Manager tablet thoroughly and promptly
- Promote Service contracts where necessary and report back new opportunities to line manager
- Maintain spare parts car stock and up to date records of parts held/used
- Maintain all tools in good condition
- Ensure correct tools and parts are used when required
- Ensure any and all assumptions, customer or other responsibilities and exclusions outside scope of service are clearly identified and communicated prior to work commencing and any recommendations outside of scope of service are clearly communicated in the service report
- Seek and share learning and continuous improvement
Field Service Engineer Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 year relevant Equipment Service work experience desired in an appropriate Electro-mechanical environment, ideally in the water treatment sector
- Have ability to fault find – electrical, mechanical, process
- Ability to handle stressful situations often alone on customer sites
- Excellent communication skills required
- Logical and well organized
- Require minimum supervision, often lone working
- Must hold a full UK Driving licence and must be able to travel and stay overnight as required, including occasional weekend working and on-call rota
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 24 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.