Company Based Nr Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
£28,000 - £30,000 Per Annum + Overtime + Benefits (OTE up to £40,000 - £45,000)
Our long-standing and ever-growing client based in the Cotswolds, are looking to recruit someone who is willing to travel across the UK and internationally, up to 90% of the time.
The Field Engineer role will involve installation work on power stations. An initial training period will be scheduled, which will last a few weeks.
Field Engineer Role:
- Potential to be away from home overnight for many consecutive nights
- Travel may be by road, air or sea
- Long periods of travel, with appropriate / available rest stops
- Manufacture and installation of joints – Workshop / Power Station based works
- Comply with all Health and safety
- Working at height / confined space / uneven surfaces
- Use of industrial equipment (I.e. grinding discs)
- Working in extreme temperatures / Seasonal outdoors
- Working in dirty environments
- Working in full PPE which typically will consist of
- Site Footwear
- Hard Hat
- Weather dependant – Vest / Jacket
- 4 point harness
- Respirators / masks
- Harness work / Ladders / Stairs
- Manual handling – in accordance with government guidelines
- Fire watchman / Hole watch
- Responsible for colleagues safety through constant observation
- Organising subcontractors and co-ordinating suppliers
- Holding working permits – responsible for all personnel on site, cannot leave post without
authorisation. Or all personnel must down tools and leave site area
- Cannot leave site area without permission from main supervisor
- Carry out stock control and workshop organisation
- Preparing technical site visit reports
Field Engineer Person Specification:
- Relevant qualification within engineering e.g. City & Guilds / NVQ / Apprenticeship
- Experience of writing reports
- Be prepared to travel extensively across the UK and Globally
- You will be looking to progress within the business and develop your skillset
Field Engineer Hours:
42.5 per week based on hours worked Monday to Friday. Site times will vary, with all expenses and overtime paid as required. Overtime is typically 2-4 hours per day when on site and will include weekend working. You may be away from home for many consecutive nights.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.