Estimating and Planning Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Our client, a leader in Precision Engineering are looking for an Estimating and Planning Engineer to join their growing team in Gloucester!
Estimating and Planning Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide estimates on new enquiries
- Liaise with customers to discuss enquiries
- Follow up on quotations to ensure order conversion
- Write technical Manufacturing Instructions(Method)
- Allocate set and run times to Method
- Advise purchasing department of tooling required
- Estimate run times by making the necessary calculations based on material and cutting data
- Make Method amendments when necessary
- Have experience in all types of machining techniques ranging from manual to CNC machining
- Contact customers with any drawing queries
- Use MRP system on a daily basis
- Work alongside the Managing Director
Estimating and Planning Engineer Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Time served advanced apprentice in machining (ONC / HNC / HND)
- Working within Sub-con machine shop
- 5 years milling and turning experience
- Problem solving and innovation
- Hands on approach
- Willingness to help the team to achieve good efficiencies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
- Ability to work unsupervised and part of a team
- Work proactively
- Extensive experience in manufacturing
- Good knowledge of MRP systems
- Familiar with ISO9001 and/or AS9100
Estimating and Planning Engineer Benefits:
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Early finish on Fridays
- Easy access from M5
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 24 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.