Our client, a leader in their field are looking for a Design Engineer to join their busy Product Development team!
Design Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop product solutions that incorporate semiconductor devices
- Plan and incorporate the introduction of new products inline with NPI procedures
- Work through concept, design and development into the operational production phases
- Sustain and improve existing product lines through entire life cycle
- Support yield improvements, cost reductions and provide technical support
- Support semiconductor selection; Discrete, Hybrid or Power Module packaging; electrical; mechanical and thermal design; design for manufacture and high reliability application requirements
- Creation of manufacturing drawings and specifications
- Prepare reports with costing estimations to support NPI projects
- Ensure safe working practices, abiding by health and safety legislation
- Support the business strategic plans and on occasion support customers on site
The ideal Design Engineer will:
- Have experience developing hybrid microelectronic assemblies
- Experience in both mechanical and electronics CAD design and thermal, mechanical and electrical simulations
- Knowledge of common semi-conductor devices (MOSFET, IGBT, Diodes, Bipolar Transistors etc.) and Silicon / SiC / GaN technologies and performance requirements
- Experience in Design of Experiments, 8D and data analysis
- A Degree or HND in an engineering discipline (Desirable)
- Demonstratable experience in the electronics industry (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and statistical process techniques (Desirable)
- Familiarity with Mil standard and design (Desirable)
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirements to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment. com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.