Nr Witney, Oxfordshire
Our long-standing and growing client are looking for a Design Engineer, to add to their team!
Design Engineer Role:
- Design of new products to agreed brief
- Rectification and modification of product designs to any product with performance shortfalls
- Product improvement
- Any reasonable task asked to do by a member of management
- Act as a member of the team and behave in line with H&S Guidelines
- Produce detailed and accurate designs for new products in line with the brief agreed by the Team
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques to ensure products designed are at the leading edge
- Work to agreed deadlines
- Create designs with careful consideration to DFM
- Ensure all designs are thought through with a degree of FMEA carried out before the launch to manufacturing
- Act and react quickly and responsibly to product design issues
- Design products in tune with the Market, always maintain a commercial view in the direction of product development
- Be accountable for your actions ensuring you behave with respect to the guidelines set by the supervision
- At all times wear suitable PPE for any activities, e.g. prototyping
Design Engineer Person Specification:
- Graduate in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Design, Physics, Chemistry
- Essential experience: Product design, Product development, DFM
- Desirable experience: PPE Equipment & Standards, Traffic Management Products & Standards, Design of Injection Moulded Parts
- Skills and knowledge: CAD experience, Engineering calculations, Manufacturing experience
- Personal characteristics: Able to work independently as well as within a team environment, Able to operate confidently and communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in a written form, Excellent with detail, Completer finisher
- Committed to learning and self-development
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press. The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record. So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.