Cost Engineer / Modeller
£40,000 - £45,000 Per Annum + Excellent Benefits Package!
Our client is looking for an experienced Cost Engineer / Modeller to join their rapidly growing group within the Defence Industry.
They specialise in providing analysis and decision support. This includes cost estimating and modelling, risk, schedule, benefits and operational analysis.
The Successful Cost Engineer:
- Strong engineering background
- Proven track record of technical delivery within Defence and the Weapons sector in particular
- Personable, flexible, collaborative and able to develop strong relationships
- Able to simplify and rationalise complex problems
- Able to communicate innovative ideas and present with confidence
Cost Engineer Required Skills / Experience:
- Technical delivery of analysis and/or systems engineering to support option assessment within Defence Weapons Research and/or Acquisition Programmes
- Working with stakeholders to understand their problem and requirements
- Expert user of MS Excel, familiarity and confidence in using spreadsheets to create basic to complex models
Cost Engineer Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of collecting, collating and analysing cost data and generating incisive outputs and advice to clients
- Ability to identify, develop and employ a range of Soft and Hard OA tools and techniques best suited to provide insightful and cutting-edge decision support in a complex project environment
- Knowledge of project controls concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically project schedules, work breakdown structure, risk and budgets
- Understanding of MOD policies and procedures for Cost Estimation and Modelling, and associated supporting documentation (JSP 507, JSP 655, AQUA book, Green Book)
- Portfolio, programme and project management (benefits realisation, evidence management etc)
- Experience working with DE&S
In return for these skills and experience our client is offering:
- Formal training
- A salary between £35k-£45k
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Pension Scheme
- Health and Life Insurance
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.