CNC Machinist / Programmer
£28,000 - £32,000 Per Annum
CNC Machinist / Programmer Key Responsibilities:
- To complete a variety of Machining tasks from ‘Rough Process’ / Machining to Precision and ‘Finishing Processes’ achieving high levels of accuracy and tolerancing to +/- 2μm
- Fully Set and Operate a range of Fully Automated CNC Lathes, Milling Machines and Grinding Machines
- Select and Mount the correct Cutting, Drilling and Grinding Tools required for the relevant CNC or conventional machining tasks. Evaluate the wear on Tooling and replace when required, escalating any issues with excess wear and tear to the machine or tools.
- Check that all works orders, drawings and materials correspond to meets quality and technical standards
- Carry out inspection and measurement tasks as instructed and / or according to the standard methods taught or specified in Standard Operating Procedures. Reporting issues as they arise if you are unable to adequately resolve them to your line manager
- Complete and Maintain all required documentation accurately and in a clear and tidy way
- Carry out minor routine maintenance tasks that are within your knowledge and capability as authorised by the Company. Assist and cooperate where necessary, Maintenance Contractors in completing planned maintenance operations.
- Use and operate appropriate equipment and processes according to the Instructed Methods and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the final product is always completed in accordance with customer requirements
- Carry out housekeeping duties and maintain and safe and tidy working area. Applying ‘Clean As You Go’ on a regular and timely basis and maintaining a 6’s manufacturing environment and to ISO 9001: 2015 Quality standards
- Work in an efficient and methodical way, pay attention to Safety, Product Quality and Product specifications, reporting any concerns and non-conformances quickly to your Manager
- Attend work at the agreed times and days in line with your agreed working pattern and work in a way that is compliant with all relevant company and departmental Health, Safety and environmental policies and procedures at all times
CNC Machinist / Programmer Person Specification – Essential requirements unless stated:
- Engineering Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / Level 3 NVQ / BTEC
- Qualified to operate a range of industrial CNC, Semi-automatic and manual machines
- Knowledge and experience of operating CNC Milling, Turning and Grinding is essential
- Knowledge and experience of operating Wire EDM machinery an advantage
CNC Machinist / Programmer Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Fully set and Operate fully automated, semi-automated and manual Lathes, Milling machines and Cylindrical Grinding Machines.
- Understands and able to programme using Fanuc controls an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of how machining equipment works and the ability and knowledge to perform minor maintenance or repair jobs in the event of malfunctions or failures and maintain grinding efficiency by replacing worn tools.
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning
CNC Machinist / Programmer Personal Qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Precise and accurate
- Works methodically and in a tidy and organised way
- Flexible and supports the team
- Willing and supportive
- Good verbal communication
This is a full-time, permanent position. Monday to Friday hours.
To find out more, hit the apply button and give the JKR team a call!
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.