CNC Machinist (Turner)
£23,000 - £30,000 + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 39 hour working week (7.30am – 4.00pm Mon-Thurs, 7.30am – 3.00pm Fri) + Overtime readily available
We are recruiting for our client who specialises in manufacturing of high spec, quality components for various industries.
Within this role, if you do not have much Turning experience, full training will be provided should you have a few years experience as a Manual Machinist.
Main purpose of job
To produce components to drawing tolerance and specifications, efficiently and accurately as required by customer specifications.
- Fully skilled time served engineer/tool maker with CNC turning experience
- CNC programmer/setter/operator with experience of CAD / CAM programming Used to working to fine tolerances with all materials
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
- FANUC experience desirable
- Able to work under own initiative
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Eligible to work in UK.
- Produce accurate, high quality components with maximum efficiency
- Accurately plan the production method & create programmes when advised by supervisor to customers specification using available facilities
- Ensure all programmes are saved at all times as per company procedures
- Competently set & operate CNC turning machines using operating systems for each machine
- Undertake any off set or minor changes to programme to produce quality components to drawing limits/customer requirements
- Plan & specify tooling requirements for production, including any jigs & fixtures or special cutting tools
- Ensure machine processes are running at optimum efficiency with correct speeds and feeds
- To work to tight tolerances and check your own work during production batch runs
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection of others work using CMM equipment
- Support and advise other employees when required in ensuring all operations are carried out efficiently and accurately to customers requirements, drawing tolerance and specifications