Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
£30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Our client is looking for an experience Buyer to join their Purchasing Team. They are offering a working environment that can help individuals to achieve their goals and contribute to the lives of others. The Buyer role will contribute by managing and developing a portfolio suppliers!
Buyer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selecting suppliers and negotiating prices for material and/ or services required
- Ensure that procurement of nominated materials and services to agreed programmes
- Analyse, negotiate and report supplier price changes
- Carry out periodic surveys to obtain price comparisons
- Evaluate market trends to create cost savings
- Select sources of supply and in collaboration with technical staff and select materials and services
- Responsible for all purchasing requisitions and programmes being correct
- Ensure that all purchasing requirements reflect the current suppliers lead- times
- Keep all departments well informed of all changes that could potentially cause problems
- Make recommendations on potential problem areas
- Minimise the company exposure, obtaining the relevant authority levels
- Proactive liaison with other departments
- Forecast, plan to meet and to supply demand to relevant quality standards
- Provide and oversee payment terms and negotiation, optimisation and management
- Drive continuous improvements
- Minimise any and all excess and cost/stock
- Be aware of any potential international trading issues/ imports/legal
- Ensure compliance with company codes of conduct and Health & Safety
The ideal Buyer will:
- Experience of working within a Purchasing department
- Have gained this experience within a manufacturing environment
- Be experienced in negotiating with a proven record of cost reduction
- Knowledge of strategic purchasing tools
- Familiarity with ERP, MRP and other purchasing systems
- Experience with supplier relationship management
- Enhanced pension contributions and company Incentive Plan
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme and financial wellbeing benefit
- Discounted shopping and lifestyle vouchers including a Specsavers vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted RAC membership
- Discounted gym membership at local leisure centres
- Generous holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.