£25,000 - £27,000 Per Annum
Our long-standing client based in Swindon, are a leading manufacturer within their industry and are recruiting an enthusiastic Buyer to join the team!
As Buyer you will report to the Senior Buyer supporting the delivery and implementation of supply chain strategies that significantly improve supply performance. You will be responsible for raising purchase orders, negotiating contracts with suppliers, optimisation of inventories, stock availability to meet customer demand and cost down activities.
Ensure the purchasing schedules will meet fully the business production demands. Develop strong and effective supplier relationships. Contribute to supplier performance management and maintain a suite of KPIs to measure and challenge quality, cost and delivery performance and act on the results where required. Contribute to an inventory strategy to improve and optimise inventory turns to optimise working capital. Ensure all negotiated gains and cost savings are tracked, measured and delivered.
- Develop strong and effective supplier relationships, ensuring a consistently high standard of service
- New supplier review and negotiation
- Benchmarking of prices to ensure the supply base remains competitive
- Investigate and manage supplier delivery dates and any issues
- Drive cost reduction and quality improvements
- Conduct regular supplier performance reviews and maintain performance KPIs
- Process purchase orders using the ERP system outputs
- Maintain accurate supplier data within the ERP system
- Optimisation of inventories and working capital
Buyer Skills & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience working as a buyer within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor would be a particular advantage
- Ability to produce, organise and analyse data from the ERP system to be able to plan and purchase goods in a timely and cost effective manner to support the production plan, delivery of customer orders in full and inventory targets
- Confidence and ability to create, negotiate, and review basic supply agreements, including benchmarking the imported global supply chain from to ensure they remain competitive
- Understand the supply chain’s influence on working capital investment and to review and keep control of inventory data parameters, hence keeping stock and the company’s cash flow under control
- Ability to report and manage a supplier’s performance against KPIs whilst still maintaining good supplier relationships
- Confidence and ability to manage stress in the event of supply chain exceptions
- Have a CIPs qualification or be working towards
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.