£28,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
We are recruiting a highly skilled candidate for our long-standing client. The purpose of this Assembly Technician role is to assemble and test machines according to design specifications, also to test and record performance data in accordance with design requirements.
Assembly Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare and Assemble Base Frames by painting, fitting Casters, Base Casting and drilling and tapping holes required on the Base Casting in accordance with Engineering Specifications and Drawings
- Assemble Mechanical, Pneumatic and Electrical sub-assemblies in accordance with Design Drawings and requires procedures
- Assemble and test / check Collimation and X&Y axis Precision Linear Bearings, Frames and Metalwork
- Use a range of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices in the correct and safe way whilst using these to complete assembly tasks and check dimensions and tolerances
- Assemble and connect electrical components and wiring looms, Optical camera systems, Theta Rotational Table and linear slides as required by the design specification and Engineering Drawing for each assembly
- Fit pipework for water connection, lubricate where required, fit gators and brackets, fan hoods, sliding doors, tool cabinets and all safety guards and interlocks
- Connect and set up water flow and camera alignment
- Power up and Test all elements of machinery, including Encoders, Programming, Levels and alignment of all elements. Checking and adjusting as necessary
- Drain and clean the machinery after assembly and testing and prepare for shipment to the customer
- Report results of non-conformance and audits to the departments Manager or Supervisor to promote continuous improvement and problem solving
- Follow and comply with Quality standards, policies and procedures to ensure that Site Standards, Product integrity and due diligence are maintained
- Take part in the identification and implementation of robust Corrective and Preventative Action, (CAPA) through use of recognised problem-solving methods
- Identify and communicate opportunities for further improvements or solutions to resolve failures with compliance by communicating effectively to the appropriate Manager
- Implement and comply with authorised procedural changes which will improve Quality and Yield, through liaison with Design Engineering and Operational Managers and Staff
- Use and operate appropriate equipment and processes according to the Instructed Methods and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the final product is always completed in accordance with customer requirements
- Carry out housekeeping duties and maintain and safe and tidy working area. Applying ‘Clean As You Go’ on a regular and timely basis and maintaining a 5’s manufacturing environment and to ISO 9001: 2015 Quality standards
Assembly Technician Person Specification:
- Proven track record working in a precision engineering / manufacturing environment
- Engineering qualification e.g. NVQ / BTEC Level 3
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.